HB Body 2K GLOSS CLEAR PAINT HS 400ML HIGH SPRAY TOUCH UP AUTOMOTIVE TOP COAT HB 496
A crystal clear, high gloss coat with excellent leveling. Fast hardening, suitable for all top quality refinishes. Ensures durable gloss and offers excellent resistance to extreme weather conditions.
This item has a 2K Converter (Aerosol Additive) which is an additive used with 2K paints to accelerate through curing.
This is a 2K clear coat laquer for use with local repairs on paintwork. The special formulation has a component which activates the 2k laquer on contact with air. This allows it be used straight from the can.
- VOC compliant with the regulations
- Easy to use
- Excellent results
- Easy to blend in
- No hardener required
- Ideal for spot repairs and isolated panel paintings
General Technical Description
- 2-3 Passes
- Dust free 10min at 23’C
- Body Basecoat
- Any waterborne system
Pretreatment / Cleaning of substrate
- Clean substrate using a soft cloth and degreaser.
- Make sure the surface is air dried rather than wiped dry.
- Make sure you always use appropriate face protection and good ventilation.
- Allow 30 mins after basecoat color has been applied to apply the clear coat. Apply two to three wet coats waiting 5-10 mins in between coats.
- Each coat should look wet and glossy but not to a dripping state.
- In case of slight dirt or dust imbeded in the clear coat you can lightly wet sand using P1500 grit paper.
- Finally use a polishing compounds to bring out the gloss. Be careful not to wax for the next 30 days.
Shake throughly well before using
- Shake for 2-3 min after agitator ball has started to rattle.
Dust free 10 min at 23°C
- After preparing the area to be painted ensure it to be free from dirt, wax, oil etc. Test on a similar surface using a back and forth action.
2-3 coats approximately 30-50 microns
- Spray at a distance of 25 cm thinly applied coats build up at 3-5 minutes intervals will achieve best results.
Full hardness within 24 hours.
- Leave for 24 hours to harden.
Flash Point: -97°C
Specific Gravity: 0.67 g/cm3
Solid Content (No thinner): 14% Weight
This product is an aerosol product based on its ingredients and
its properties. The maximum
VOC content in this category
is 840 g/L. The VOC content in
the ready for use form of this
product is 655g/L.
Cleaning of equipment:
Please note: This aerosol does not have a hardener activation button/clip on the bottom of the can. It is a 2K air dry which activates when sprayed out of the can.